I have always thought that Open Source and the non-profit sector where a match made in heaven, but there is too little information structurally flowing to organizations that are already achieving much with limited resources in both time and money.
That is why we (Taurix) in a partnership with the CAW De Kempen (Centrum Algemeen Welzijn) are organizing a free Open Source seminar on december 6. We will talk about Open Source solutions and how your organization can benefit from them as well as go through case studies from actual users.
Zabbix has a log of built-in support to monitor diskspace on servers. But I'm not always interested in triggers that fire on a certain amount or percentage of free space defined in a template. For some filesystems, it may be perfectly normal to be at 90% usage and remain stable there.
What does interest me more is the amount by which disk usage increases in a short timespan, and Zabbix does have the functionality to cater for this. For example:
The Zabbix server at my customer failed badly today with a flood of 'unreachable' alerts across multiple locations. It became clear pretty quickly that the hosts where up and Zabbix was at fault.
With the proxies reported up, I turned to the Zabbix server itself and saw MySQL errors rolling by in the log:
Just a small heads up for those using OwnCloud and upgraded to precise, version 1.0.1 of their client is broken (exits with csync.vio.main - loading ownclouds plugin failed - /usr/src/packages/BUILD/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/modules/csync_ownclouds.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory) on 12.04.
OwnCloud will release 1.0.2 soon that fixes this.
I set up owncloud yesterday, and it seems to be very nice.
But when I wanted to open it outside my network over SSL, it got stuck in a redirect loop.
Now, I use pound as a reverse proxy to balance requests over several servers and to do SSL termination. This proved to be the problem, owncloud did not detect that the connection was SSL enabled despite the "X-Forwarded-Proto: https" header added by pound (which fixed similar problems in other webapps).
But luckily, just adding "SetEnv HTTPS on" in the Apache vhost fixed that!